Every room in the house serves a purpose, so the lighting fixtures you choose must be different. It has to serve the purpose in terms of aesthetics and purpose. An appropriate choice of light fixtures can add vibrancy and freshness to any household.
You need to choose the right style and shape to ensure that it serves a definite purpose. Sofary, offers different style chandeliers suitable for residential and commercial use. For example, the wooden chandelier works best in country-style bungalows, while the metal one will complement a modern home. The glass orb chandelier is a statement piece for the entryway or living room or kitchen. For detailed guidance on this product in terms of size give Sofary team a call!
Basic lighting types
You get to choose from three basic lighting types.
- Accent lights – It adds drama by creating visual interest. It is used as a spotlight to illuminate houseplants, sculptures, paintings, and prized possessions. Accent lights need 3X more light on the focal point. Recessed lights, track lights, or wall-mounted fixtures [sconces or picture lights] are used.
- Ambient lights – Ambient lights are essential for a good lighting plan. Ambient lights offer an overall glow and add mood to the space. With ambient lights, you can see, and move comfortably and safely. Some light fixtures can double as task lighting. These are overhead fixtures like chandeliers, track lights, recessed pot lights, and ceiling lamps. Standalone fixtures like tables and floor lamps also belong to the ambient light category.
- Task lights – These lights are localized and adjust the brightness to suit the workspace. You can brighten or darken the glare to avert eye strain. it is great for activities like cooking, reading, studying, etc. task light uses track or recessed lights, adjustable desk lamps, under cabinet lights, etc.
Things to consider before you go shopping for a light fixture
Choose the right size and base type. Technology is crucial to saving dollars. Energy-efficient LED bulbs are ideal for long life and quality. you can choose with or without dimmers. Halogens have a low lifespan but are available in dimmers. Fluorescent lights are durable and cost-effective.
Light fixture types
- Pendant – It is a fixture that suspends from the ceiling and integrates a single light. The framework has glass or crystal, which doesn’t impede light emission. You gain a clear view across and underneath.
- Floor lamp – There is a variety of patterns like the swing arm lamp, tripod floor lamp, tower floor lamp, arc floor lamp, etc. The desk lamps offer sufficient light suitable for reading and working.
- Ceiling lights – Hanging lighting fixture is an old way to make their presence significant. For a low or slopped ceiling, you can choose the flush-mounted fixture.
- Wall lights – Simple wall globe or a sconce is mounted on the wall. The light sparkle is generally emitted outward or upward.
Never ignore the importance of lighting in your home. The right selection and correct placement of new light fixtures will breathe new life into the space.